The Denton Family Charitable Foundation limits its grants to nonprofit organizations in Harrisonburg and the surrounding area.
The Board reviews each proposal to determine if the requesting organization falls within the Foundation’s interests and fits funding priorities.
There isn’t a formal application deadline, and we prefer that requests for support are through written proposal rather than personal meeting or letter of intent. Use the grant application below. Be sure to include:
- A summary that describes the organization including the history and purpose
- The amount of your grant request and how you plan to use the funds
- Name and address of organization as well as the telephone number of the contact person
- A list of other funding sources for the program/project as well as anticipated sources of continuing support after Foundation assistance
- Description of leadership and accountability, and how the organization relates to the community
- An audited copy of the requesting organization’s most current financial statement including balance sheet
- Copy of 501(c)3 Internal Revenue Service tax exempt status ruling letter