The Denton Family Foundation focuses charitable efforts in the City of Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Since 1998, the Foundation has given approximately half a million dollars to local nonprofit organizations. The following organizations have received significant contributions (over $10,000):
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters
- Blue Ridge Area Food Bank
- Boys and Girls Club
- Friendship Industries
- Harrisonburg Children’s Museum
- Harrisonburg Rescue Squad
- Generations Crossing
- On the Road Collaborative
- Massanutten Regional Library
- Rockingham / Harrisonburg SPCA
- Shenandoah Valley United, Inc.
- Special Olympics Virginia — Area 4
- The First Tee of Harrisonburg
- The Free Clinic
- The Salvation Army of Harrisonburg
2019 Denton Family Fall Golf Classic
Benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters
Big Brothers Big Sisters helps children realize their potential and build their futures. We nurture children and strengthen communities. And we couldn’t do any of it without you.
For more than 100 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters has operated under the belief that inherent in every child is the ability to succeed and thrive in life. As the nation’s largest donor- and volunteer-supported mentoring network, Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (“Bigs”) and children (“Littles”), ages 6 through 18, in communities across the country. We develop positive relationships that have a direct and lasting effect on the lives of young people.
Funds raised for Big Brothers Big Sisters: $27,100